17 November 2016
Senior officials from ministries of education from 32 countries, representatives from sub-regional, intergovernmental organizations, civil society, UN agencies, UNESCO institutes and academia across the Asia-Pacific region participated in the 2nd Asia-Pacific Meeting on Education 2030 (APMED2030 II) from 16-18 November 2016 at the Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand.
The meeting aims to achieve the following objectives:
• To officiate the regional network of national SDG4 coordinators;
• To update Member States on the latest global, regional, sub-regional and national developments on SDG4-Education 2030;
• To share experiences and identify the challenges and opportunities (resources, capacity, infrastructure, etc.) at the country level in the implementation of SDG4-Education 2030;
• To discuss and agree on the region’s implementation strategy, key priorities, milestones, and actions towards the achievement of SDG4-Education 2030.
Focusing on key priorities, milestones and actions needed and to be followed up for the implementation of SDG4 - Education 2030, the outputs of APMED2030 II will contribute to global level processes of SDG4-Education 2030. At the regional level, the following outputs will be produced:
• Terms of Reference (ToR) of the regional network of national SDG4 coordinators
• Documentation of Member States’ planning and localization processes of SDG4-Education 2030
• Draft annotated outline of the regional technical implementation guidelines
• Draft regional implementation roadmap, clarifying key priorities, milestones, and actions towards the achievement of SDG4-Education 2030
APMED2030 II co-organized by UNESCO Bangkok - Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education and the UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO) and Regional Office for South Asia (ROSA), with support from the Government of Japan.
General Information Note.pdf