26 November 2020
27 November 2020, UNESCO Cluster Office in Almaty jointly with UN Women Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan will host a web seminar for media professionals, journalism universities, and policymakers, as a contribution to the Global Campaign - “16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence” from 25 November to 10 December 2020.The two-hour Zoom webinar coordinated by the Gender Task Groups (GTG) in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan.
The UNESCO global guide "Reporting on Violence against Women and Girls" which will be used as the basis of the webinar is translated into Russian and Kyrgyz languages by UNESCO Almaty.
30 universities of journalism and 6 media NGOs will be invited to apply the manual as a guide and long-term curricula of the UNESCO Model on Journalism education and training.
Media professionals will develop their skills in storytelling, research, and communication in journalistic practice.
The following thematic areas relevant to the region will be presented on the webinar:
- Cyberbullying and online harassment of women journalists
- Early marriages or child marriages
- Forced marriages
- Gender-specific foeticide and infanticide
- Sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape
- So-called ‘honour’ crimes
- Trafficking in persons and smuggling of migrants
- Violence against women in conflicts
- Violence by an intimate partner or ex-partner and domestic murders
Participants and speakers
Participants are under the discussion among GTG in four Central Asian countries. The final list will be updated closer to the date of event.
- Most of materials are reflected in the Russian version of the page
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women - 25 November
Registration of the meeting participation in Zoom: https://unesco-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_5GnID07gSyOSR2xjEMg8iQ.