6 October 2004
October 6, 2004 Practical workshop, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. International University of Kyrgyzstan (FP IITE UNESCO in KR) and Ministry of Education of the Kyrgyz Republic within the framework of National Conception “E-education” and Central Asian Linux Festival conducted by Soros-Kyrgyzstan Foundation, with support of UNESCO Almaty Cluster Office.Participants: Employees of ministries of education, departments of education, educational institutions and other organization of Kyrgyz Republic, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, involved into informatization of education.
Objectives of the seminar: To facilitate strengthening and optimizing of activities of Central Asia education institutions in the field of education informatization through the usage free and open source software.
The representatives of Russian company ALTLinux are invited as lecturers, (leaders of OpenOffice.ru č Mozilla.ru projects), managers and organizers of Internet University of informational technologies, leading experts of Central Asian countries.
The following issues discussed during the seminar:
1. Ethic and legal bases of free and open source software.
2. Free multiplatform office and education applications, its localization:
b. Mozilla as a universal communicative system, abilities, comparison with analogs.
c. Localization of OpenOffice.org and Mozilla.
d. Graphic Editor Gimp, its abilities and localization.
3. Familiarization with development and implementation experience of free distributing software with open source on the base of UNESCO Projects;
4. Application of free and open source software in educational institutions, on the example of Russian Federation and international experience.
5. Usage of free and open source software for development of distance learning on the example of project INTUIT.RU.
6. Development of recommendations on implantation of free and open source software in educational systems of Central Asia.
Organizers cover transportation, accommodation and subsistence for some participants from Central Asia countries. To participate in the competition for expenses coverage and to get additional information please contact the person below:
phone (996 312) 610618 (w), (996-502) 524199 (mob), fax: (996 312) 219615; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
room 01a, pr. Chui 255, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.