3 April 2008
Title of Project: Distance Learning Course on Basic Human Rights in Central Asian local languages.
Countries: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan
Duration: 2 years (2008-2009)
While the official policy is to respect the education programs where not enough space for implementation of democracy and human rights. National educational policies still under emerging status, searching for best practices in field of human rights.
The level of cooperation and building common resources among teachers is limited by permanent educational reform process. Educators are overloaded by amendments of social science curriculums and queries of newly appointed officials.
From other side the capacity of education support institutions allow to implement ICT based capacity building activities, respected by country wide education and innovation development programs.
The main partner in this process are national institute of teacher training and national center of informatization will therefore fill above mentioned gaps. Project envisages the establishment of ICT based democracy courses available for dissemination via teacher training network, built by educators during the formal training.
- increase capacity for development of democracy and human rights educational materials in local languages
- improve knowlege sharing among educators and population through modern ICTs and Creative Commons approach
1. Create two ODL modules:a) basics of human rights (giving an overview of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights); b) basics of CC
2. Develop guideline on creation ODL module on human rights using CC
3. organize five-day training on development basics of human rights module using UNESCO online/offline open distance learning (ODL) platforms.
Estimated Budget (Euros)