6 January 2003
The Project stressed the need to improve the work of rural preschool teachers in order to assist the establishment of conditions for advanced education level of preschool and balance the start-up opportunities for children on their enrolment to school; also the provisions of the law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Education” were considered in terms of provision of methodical and consulting aid to preschool organizations and a family. The Project provides for innovations in elaboration and implementation of distance education technology, in the development of continuous education system that includes qualification training and re-training of preschool personnel so each participant of educational process can quickly respond to innovations. The Project is called to update the contents of preschool preparation through implementation of modern electronic teaching programmes (units) in terms of familiarization with environment, environment basics, Kazakh language, literature for children, preparation for literacy learning, familiarization with elementary mathematics, fine arts, valeology basics etc.Project Goals:
To identify the goals of preschool micro politics for the period 2003-2005 and opportunities of its effective implementation at the national, regional and local levels, including through the use of new informational technologies.
- To develop and define the optimal context of preschool education of children that excludes the duplication of preschool goals, tasks, forms and methods.
- To search for modern cost-effective management approaches that allow to use internal covered reserves of preschool organizations and secondary schools in order to provide children with accessible, flexible and child-friendly educational programmes.
- To create and make a pilot test of distance re-training for preschool managerial and teaching staff.
- To provide interdepartmental and interregional ties and to include the experience of preschool education and teaching of the Republic of Kazakhstan into social experience of the world community, including by developing the Mektepaldy (Preschool) website.
With the aim of achieving the goals and tasks set, the following events were held:
- The programme of the course “Micro Politics of Preschool Education and Teaching for the Period till 2005” as well as the format, structure and contents of teaching modules at printing carriers (units) for internet and CD-ROM have been developed.
- The structure, contents, design and software were developed for Mektepaldy website with future regular technical support.
- The network course was developed within the frameworks of Mektepaldy website by applying interactive computer educational programmes.
- A republican workshop-meeting on preschool management and informatization was arranged and held.
- The internal workshop-training was held on distance education of teachers with the course “Micro Politics of Preschool Education and Training for the Period till 2005” was along with the handing of CD-ROMs, printed manuals and qualification improvement certificate to trainees.
- The distance workshop-training with the course “Micro Politics of Preschool Education and Training for the Period till 2005” was along with the handing of CD-ROMs, printed manuals and qualification improvement certificate to attendants.
- The efforts to make the Project public in the republican and regional mass media were developed.
- The monitoring and assessment were held in order to further develop the Project.