25 January 2017The meeting of Kazakh famous sportsmen and representative of the youth was held in Almaty on 21 January, 2017 during the preparation for the 28th World Winter Universiade.
Following sportsmen took a part in the Public Talks:
- Serik Sapiev - Olympic boxing Champion in 2012, UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Sport, the Mayor of Athletic Village 28th Winter Universiade
- Dmitry Balandin - Olympic swimming Champion in 2016, a three-time Asian Games Champion in 2014, winner of the Universiade 2015, Ambassador of the 28th Winter Universiade
- Al-Farabi Davletchin - Taekwondo World Champion in 2014, the Champion of Eurasia in Taekwondo and Hapkido in 2014, the Ambassador of the 28th Winter Universiade
- Zhansaya Abdumalik - 4 time World Champion in chess; International Grand Master
- Dariga Shakimova – Boxing Olympic bronze medalist in 2016 , Ambassador of the 28th Winter Universiade
During the meeting, young participants asked different questions to the champions, such as: how sportsmen cope with the difficulties on their path to the success? What is the source of their motivation? What can champions advice to the young generation? The authors of the best three questions, which were chosen by the sportsmen, were awarded with gifts from the UNESCO Cluster Office in Almaty. The best three questions were:
- "Who would be a winner in the battle of Gennady Golovkin and Serik Sapiev?"
- "Whether government should pay more attention to sport in schools and make it as an integral part of learning process?
- “How did you realize that this type of sport is your destiny?”
Permanent link: http://en.unesco.kz/public-talks-with-winners-was-held-in-almaty