18 October 2004
17 Representatives of governmental health (AIDS Centers) NGOs including project staff from the sites of piloting projects, international organizations, participate in Regional ToT workshop “Greater involvement of people living with HIV in counteracting HIV/AIDS epidemic”.Within the project called “Strengthening Technical Capacities of Policy Makers, Professionals and NGOs from Central Asian Countries to Implement key activities in HIV/AIDS responses” UNESCO Almaty office in partnership with UNAIDS and with the collaboration of the Republican AIDS Center, NGO “Saktan” is going to conduct a workshop targeted to people, living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA).The Objective of the workshop is
• to get practical lessons on how to proper address the HIV/AIDS epidemic through the involvement of PLWHA.
Output of the workshop
• Skills of a core group of regional trainers strengthened and enhanced in Central Asia to provide technical assistance to ensure that the regions’ proposals to the Global Fund are implemented and achieved
Outcomes of the workshop
• Core trainers identified, established and trained with a view to strengthening HIV/AIDS prevention programmes among vulnerable group of population including PLWHA.
Key items of Agenda
• Alleviating of the consequences of HIV/AIDS epidemic: studies of priority needs of PLWHA in the region;
• Overcoming of stigma and discrimination;
• Better access to treatment, including HAART, care and support;
• Insurance of essential human rights of PLWHA