24 June 2016UNESCO Almaty Cluster Office in cooperation with Kloop Media Public Foundation and Shakhmardan Yessenov science and education foundation will organize two 10-day YouthMobile Summer School on mobile applications development for 10 young women and men from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan. The Summer School contribute to employment of youth, as programming skills would enhance their ability to make informed choices and empower them to gain access labour markets, as well as support post UNESCO conference advocacy on Youth and Internet Fighting Radicalization and Extremism.
The first ten-day course will take place on 4 - 15 July 2016 in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
The second ten-day course will be held on 18 - 29 July 2016 in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
The YouthMobile Training Course is designed to support and promote ICT and mobile programming education by building professional capacities of young girls and special needs and youth organizations.
- During the training participants will do the following:
- Learn basics of programming in Java;
- Develop ability to study by themselves using courses available online;
- Learn using libraries, APIs, platforms that enable rapid application deployment and lean development (Google Maps Android API, Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, OpenTok);
- Create and publish mobile applications targeted toward real users.
The training is based on openly accessible youth-oriented materials developed by Kloop Media Foundation.
Up to 20 participants will be selected through an open call for applications. Profile: participants are potentials software developers. UNESCO will review and select the most appropriate applicants in consultation with partner.
Registration for training
Permanent link: http://en.unesco.kz/registration-on-youthmobile-summer-school