17 May 2018
UNESCO Almaty presented the World Media Trends Report on 9th Central Asian Forum on the Development of Internet "InternetCA-2018" in Almaty on 17 May 2018.
More than 200 participants from government sector as well as civil society and media organizations attend the two days InternetCA Forum from 17 to 18 May 2018.
The theme of the Forum is Media, State, Society: Digital Security and Media Literacy.
The event is traditionally held by International Center for Journalism MediaNet with the partnership and support of OSCE Programme Office in Astana and Konrad Adenauer Foundation over the past 9 years.
Presentation of North Kazakhstan Media Center: Information Policy and Peculiarities of National Media Landscape in Kazakhstan ©UNESCO Almaty
The main issues are:
- The World and Regional Media Trends
- Role of the state, media and society in development of information space
- Influence of the Internet on designing of reality
- Digital safety, protection of personal data Freedom of expression in Central Asia, possibilities for media
- Media and Information literacy of audience as the most effective instrument of counteraction against promotion and fake news
- Gender in Media
- Xenophobia, hostility language Role of the state in regulation of the media sphere
The speakers of the event are the experts from Germany, the Czech Republic, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan who present and discuss the roles of government, media and society in media sphere in the region, share their ideas, cases and instruments.
Presentations (in Russian) day 1, and day 2