12 May 2004
12 of May, 2004
We, the representatives of Ministries of Education, educational, scientific, research institutions and non-government organizations of the Central Asia Republics and Kazakhstan have come together in Tashkent for the annual Education Forum in order to continue cooperation between our countries in the sphere of education, as well as to discuss the results of the work done by the country Thematic groups in the context of gender approaches.
We, highlight that the work of the Education Forum has improved the promotion of overall regional priorities in achieving Education for All goals, especially in the achievement of equality, accessibility, quality and efficiency of education.
We, once again confirm the commitment of our countries to the achievement of Education for All and its six goals and the Millennium Development Goals. Based on the fact that one of the immediate EFA goals and the Millennium Development Goals is the achievement of gender parity and ensuring access to quality basic education for all, this Forum has been dedicated to gender in education.
We, intend to develop our joint efforts to strengthen efficient functioning of national education systems in the accomplishment of the chosen priorities: Girls Education, Life Skills Based Education, Education Management Information System (EMIS) and Adults Education in the context of gender issues.
CARK Education Forum:
1. Points out that each country has already made certain achievements in the accomplishment of the six goals of Education for All and the Millennium Development Goals.
2. Notes that at present the priority for all countries is the achievement of gender equality and access to quality education and all thematic groups will solve the given problems in appropriate ways.
3. Assigns all thematic groups to define activities, expected outcomes, and to develop action plans for the implementation of priority areas in 2004-2005.
4. Assigns the Executive Committee to hold annual monitoring of results achieved by the thematic groups in accordance with developed indicators and mechanisms for evaluation.
5. Entrusts the Executive Committee and Secretariat to involve international and donor organizations and development agencies to provide technical and consultative support to the Forum and thematic groups.
6. Urges the governments of the countries to be more proactive in the realization of EFA National Plans of Action and to render improved financial and technical support in the organization of the Forum and the work of its thematic groups:
7. We agree that:
- The Deputy Ministry of Public Education will lead the Executive Committee.
- The Executive Committee will coordinate appropriate activities until the next annual CARK Education Forum in 2005.
- It is necessary to assist the exchange of information and intercommunication between countries in the education sector. Moreover, the hosting party will form the Secretariat of the Forum headed by the Forum Coordinator
- The Forum Coordinator will ensure the cooperation of the thematic groups during the sessions of the Executive Committee, in cooperation with the NGO representatives and the representatives of UNESCO, UNICEF and other organizations.
- The next meeting of the Executive Committee will be held in November 2004 in Tashkent. Reports on the achievements of the thematic groups will be presented at the next meeting of the Executive Committee. The Forum Coordinator will report about the work done in the third Education Forum and define general directions of activities of CARK Education Forum member countries.
8. The Forum, through existing working mechanisms and networks, will mobilize national and international resources to facilitate affective work of the thematic groups.
9. The Forum will make every effort to ensure integration of the Forum Resolution and recommendations of thematic groups into national policy and development plans.
10. The date, venue and decisions concerning the next Education Forum topic will be made at the next Executive Committee meeting.