15 November 2017
Post Title: Education National Professional Officer
Duty Station: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Annual salary: 11 441 000 KZT
Only nationals of Kazakhstan may apply for this post
Closing Date of Applications (midnight, local time): 15 December 2017
Under the overall supervision and functional authority of the Director of UNESCO Almaty Office, and direct supervision of the Programme Specialist for Education, the incumbent will be responsible for providing professional and technical support, research and analysis to the Education Sector, as well as to multi-disciplinary and cross-country programmatic activities and initiatives conducted by the Office, with an emphasis on the national perspective of Kazakhstan. The incumbent shall work in close collaboration with the UNESCO Tashkent Office and colleagues from the Education Sector at the Asia-Pacific Regional Bureau for Education and the Headquarters.
More particularly, the incumbent will:
- Support and contribute to UNESCO’s Education Programmes, through conceptualization, design, planning, development, coordination, monitoring and implementation, reporting on both regular and extra-budgetary projects and activities; of UNESCO’s Education Programme in UNESCO Almaty Cluster countries;
- Support, and contribute to UNESCO’s Education Programmes through active participation in conceptualizing, developing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on both regular and extra-budgetary projects and activities;
- Provide technical support to relevant stake-holders;
- Stay up to date with national policies, strategies and plans of action in education in all cluster countries;
- Formulate resource mobilization strategies and partnerships with key donors and stakeholders for the country by developing concept notes and project proposals on the basis of situational analysis and needs assessments and in accordance with the priorities within the framework of the approved Programme and Budget and the country priorities;
- Assist with the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) and One UN planning and implementation and donor coordination groups in the field of education.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in the field of education, social sciences, socio economic studies or another related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in coordinating and managing education projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the education system in Kazakhstan.
- Ability to interact with a wide range of partners and government officials.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, including the ability to draft reports and technical memoranda.
- Proven organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team within a multicultural environment with discretion and tact.
- Ability to take initiative and provide quality and timely support and services.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities.
- Good IT skills (MS Word, Excel, Data base systems, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English and Russian.
- Experience in the UN System or an intergovernmental organization, preferably in the field of education.
- Experience using IT monitoring and reporting tools.
- Knowledge of Kazakh.
- UNESCO’s salaries are calculated in Kazkhani tenge and exempt from income tax.
- Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, pension plan and medical insurance.
- Please note that UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization. More details can be found in the ICSC Website http://icsc.un.org/rootindex.asp.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send their application, including a motivation letter in English and the complete official UNESCO CV form, indicating the “National Professional Officer” to UNESCO Representative to Cluster Office for Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, 67 Tole bi street, 4th floor, 050000 Almaty, Kazakhstan or via e-mail: (almaty(at)unesco(dot)org) NOT LATER THAN 15 December 2017.
Please note that only short-listed applications will be contacted.